Our Position Paper – Photos of Site – The Zoning Change Issue – Calendar
The Village of Endicott’s Board of Trustees is the entity to approve this project. The Mayor and 2 of the 5 board members are in favor of the project. They deny the fact that this project will use high-temperature incineration.
- Name of the Facility: SMCC LIB Recycling Facility
- Proposed Location of Facility: 801 Clark Street, Endicott, NY 13760
- Owner: SungEel MCC Americas LLC, 222 Bloomingdale Rd, White Plains, NY 10603
- Owner Contact: Yum Kwanghyun (same address) Tel: 914-714-2541
- Facility DEC ID: 7034600218
- Air State Facility Permit ID: 7-0346-00218/00001, issued March 30, 2020
First SungEel Press Release on Endicott Project, Sept 27, 2018. Excerpt:
“SungEel MCC Americas (SMCC) will be the United States’ largest and most environmentally friendly recycler of lithium-ion batteries. The Endicott, New York facility will commence operations in January 2019, create over 100 hi-tech jobs, and recycle over 5,000 MT of spent lithium-ion batteries. SMCC is a joint venture between New York-based Metallica Commodities Corp. and South Korea-based SungEel HiTech.”
Press Release on SungEel Joint Venture with Metallica Industries. April 2, 2018: Metallica Commodities Corp. LLC (MCC) and SungEel HiTech Co. Ltd. (SungEel) today announced the establishment of a joint venture which will redefine the North American lithium-ion battery, e-waste recycling, energy and metals markets… Joint Venture to be North America’s Largest and Most Environmentally Friendly Recycler of Lithium-Ion Batteries (LIB).
The Applications of Lithium